Super Mario Galaxy 2 Project Template
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Project Template is a free-to-use extension for your own SMG2 modding projects. It's feature-rich as it includes tons of new objects, basic project files such as a Riivolution XML
file as well as Dolphin INI files, the Syati loader, new Power Star colors and more. If you are using the template or any of its patches, make sure to credit the respective developers. Its development started
around April 2021 and has received several major updates since them. It surpasses my SMG2 Starter Pack which featured many assembly patches. If you encounter any issues, please contact me on the Luma's Workshop
Project Template downloads and releases
Project Template Github repository
Syati Github repository
- A basic Riivolution XML template with prepared folders and files as well as Dolphin INI patches.
- The Syati code loader as well as its crash debugger patch.
- Tons of new as well as ported objects from Super Mario Galaxy.
- More ProductMapObjDataTable classes.
- Additional caged items.
- Required files and patches for various leftovers from the first game.
- Several bugfixes for the game's base content.
- Fixed Obj_arg settings for existing objects.
- Several new Power Star colors.
- Cleaned up data files to reduce space and to keep things more organized.
- An object database patch for use with Whitehole Despaghettification.
- Full compatibility with Super Hackio's GalaxyLevelEngine.
- Aurum: Created and assembled the entire template except with the following exceptions.
- shibbo: Created the original version of the Syati toolkit.
- Evanbowl: CrystalSwitch, PlayerSwitchCtrl, PowerStarSpawner, SensorDetector.
- Someone: CrystalSwitch, Jiraira, JumpSwitchArea, Pompon2Plant, PowerStarSpawner, SensorDetector, WatchTowerRotateStep.
- Treeki: Original crash debugger patch.
- SuperHackio: Testing and crash debugger fix.
- MTLenz: Testing.
- Zyphron G.: Blue Power Star texture import.
- BlueChip 1: Blue Chip
- BlueChipGroup 1: Blue Chip Group
- GoldenTurtle 2: Gold Shell
- MorphItemNeoFoo 1: Flying Star
- MorphItemNeoIce 1: Ice Flower
- StarPieceMother 2: Rainbow Star Bit
- MultipleChoiceDice 3: Switch Chance Cube
- Anagon 1, 4: Swimming Gringill
- BallBeamer 1, 4: Ball Beamer
- Banekiti 1: Banekiti
- BasaBasaIce 2: Ice Swooper
- CocoSambo 1, 4: Spiky Pokey
- DharmaSambo 1, 4: Red Pokey
- JumpGuarder 1, 4: Jump Guarder
- Kiraira 2: Underwater Mine
- Mogu 1, 4: Monty
- Poihana 1, 4: Cataquack
- ShellfishBlueChip 3: Clampy with Blue Chip
- ShellfishPurpleCoin 3: Clampy with Purple Coin
- SunakazeKun 2: Tweester
- Torpedo 2: Torpedo Ted Spawner
- TwisterSan 2: Galactic Tornado
- UnizoShoal 2: Shoal Urchin
- CollectSwitchCtrl 3: Collectible Switch
- PlayerSwitchCtrl 3: Mario/Luigi Switch
- PowerStarSpawner 3: Power Star Spawner
- SensorDetector 3: Sensor Detector
- ExtraWallCheckCylinder 2: Wall Shadow Cast Area [Cylinder]
- ForbidJumpArea 2: No Shell Jumps Area
- ForbidWaterSearchArea 2: No Edge Dive Area
- JumpSwitchArea 1: Jump Switch Area
- PipeModeCube 2: Redirect Player Movement Area [Cube]
- PlaneCircularModeCube 2: Circular 2D Movement Area [Cube]
- QuakeEffectArea 2: Earthquake Area
- AstroTorchLightBlue 4, 6: Blue Comet Observatory Torch Light
- AstroTorchLightRed 4, 6: Red Comet Observatory Torch Light
- BattleShipExplosionMetal 4: Metal Explosion Effect
- BattleShipExplosionRock 4: Rock Explosion Effect
- BirdLouseS 4: Small Cloud Particles
- DrainPipeBubbleA 4: Splashing Water Bubbles Effect
- DrainPipeBubbleB 4: Raising Water Bubbles Effect
- EffectTeresa 4: Spooky Boo Effect
- EffectTicoL 4, 6: Large Luma Sparkles
- EffectTicoS 4, 6: Small Luma Sparkles
- FallGreenLeaf 4: Green Falling Leaves
- FallRedLeaf 4: Brown Falling Leaves
- FireworksA 4: Fireworks Effect
- IcePlanetLight 4, 6: Eerie Light Effect
- IcicleRockLight 4, 6: Stalagmite Sparkles Effect
- LavaHomeVolcanoFallingRock 4: Falling Volcano Rocks Effect
- LavaSparksL 4: Large Lava Sparks Effect
- SandBreezeL 4: Large Sand Breeze Effect
- SandBreezeS 4: Small Sand Breeze Effect
- SpaceDustL 4: Large Space Dust Effect
- SpaceDustS 4: Small Space Dust Effect
- StarPieceClusterBreak 4: Breaking Star Bit Cluster Effect
- Steam 4, 6: Steam Effect
- TwinFallLakeWaterFall 4: Beach Bowl Twin Falls Waterfall Effect
- UFOKinokoLandingBlackSmoke 4: Crashed Starshroom Smoke Effect
- WaterDropBottom 4: Rippling Water Droplets Effect
- WaterDropMiddle 4: Long Water Droplets Effect
- WaterDropTop 4: Small Water Droplets Effect
- WaterLayerBreak 4: Breaking Water Effect
- WaterfallL 4: Large Beach Bowl Waterfall Effect
- WaterfallS 4: Small Beach Bowl Waterfall Effect
- AstroDomeSkyA 1: Bigmouth Sky
- AstroDomeSkyB 1: Dome Sky B
- AstroDomeSkyC 1: Dome Sky C
- AuroraSky 2: Freezeflame Sky
- ChildRoomSky 2: Toy Time Sky
- CometNearOrbitSky 1: SMG1 Title Screen Sky
- DarknessRoomAir 2: Green Void Atmosphere
- DesertSky 2: Dusty Dune Sky
- FamicomMarioSky 2: Flipswitch Sky
- FineAir 2: Daytime Atmosphere
- GreenPlanetOrbitSky 2: Gusty Garden Sky
- HomeAir 2: Clear Blue Atmosphere
- KoopaVs2Sky 2: Dark Matter Plant Sky
- OceanPhantomShipAir 1: Sunrise Air
- RockPlanetOrbitSky 2: Battlerock Sky
- StarDustSky 1: Original Space Junk Sky
- StarrySky 2: Starry Sky
- SunsetAir 2: Sunset Atmosphere
- TwilightAir 2: Twilight Atmosphere
- VROrbit 2: Good Egg Sky
- AssemblyBlockPartsC 2: Purple Space Junk Block
- AssemblyBlockPartsD 2: Orange Space Junk Block
- AssemblyBlockPartsE 2: Red Space Junk Block
- AssemblyBlockPartsIceB 1, 4, 6: Small Icy Space Junk Block
- AssemblyBlockPartsIceC 1, 4, 6: Very Tall Icy Space Junk Block
- AssemblyBlockPartsIceD 1, 4, 6: Tall Icy Space Junk Block
- AssemblyBlockPartsIceE 1, 4, 6: Narrow Icy Space Junk Block
- AssemblyBlockPartsTimerA 1, 4, 6: Timed Space Junk Block
- BallOpener 2: Generic Star Ball Opener
- BreakableFixation 2: Breakable Anchor
- BreakableTrash 2: Gearmo Challenge Trash
- ChooChooTrain 1, 4, 6: Toy Time -- Train
- CircleStrawberry 2, 4: Strawberries Circle
- ClockworkHandle 2: Toy Time -- Turn-Key
- CoinFlower 2, 4: Coin Flower
- CrystalSwitch 1, 5: Crystal Switch
- DeadLeaves 1, 4: Autumn Leaves
- EarthenPipeInWater 2: Underwater Warp Pipe
- FirePressureRadiate 1, 4: Flame Shooter
- FishGroupD 2: Striped Fish Group
- FishGroupE 2: Gray Fish Group
- FishGroupF 2: Spiky Fish Group
- Flag 2: Sea Slide Flag
- FlagKoopaB 2: Yellow Bowser Flag
- FlagKoopaCastle 2: Blue Bowser Flag
- FlagRaceA 2: Pull Star Flag
- FlagSurfing 2: Penguin Flag
- FlagTamakoro 2: Star Ball Flag
- Fountain 2, 4: Small Water Fountain
- HitWallTimerSwitch 1, 5: Timed Wall Button
- IcicleRock 2, 4, 5: Stalagmite
- Jiraira 1, 4: Bowser Land Mine
- KoopaShipManholeCover 2: Airship Manhole
- LavaBallRisingPlanetLava 1, 5, 6: Melty Molten -- Lava Tide
- LavaHomeVolcanoFlow 2, 4: Melty Molten -- Volcano Eruption
- MeteorCannon 2: Gateway Meteor
- MeteorStrikeEnvironment 2: Decorative Meteor
- MorphItemCollectionFoo 3: Decorative Flying Star
- MorphItemCollectionIce 3: Decorative Ice Flower
- Pompon2Plant 1, 4: Bubbly Plant
- SandUpDownTowerBreakableWallA 2, 5: Dusty Dune -- Destroyable Crate A
- SandUpDownTowerBreakableWallB 2, 5: Dusty Dune -- Destroyable Crate B
- ScrewSwitch 1, 4: Blue Screw Switch
- ScrewSwitchReverse 1, 4: Yellow Screw Switch
- SnowBlockA 2, 5: Snow Cap -- Snow Mushroom
- SnowMan 2: Snowman
- SunkenShip 2, 4, 5: Deep Dark -- Sunken Ship
- SuperSpinDriverGreen 1: Green Launch Star
- SwingRope 2: Swinging Vine
- TeresaMansionHoleCover 2, 4, 5: Ghostly -- Broken Ceiling Part
- TreasureBoxCrackedEmpty 2, 4: Empty Cracked Treasure Chest
- TreasureBoxCrackedKinokoOneUp 2, 4: Cracked Treasure Chest with 1-Up Mushroom
- TreasureBoxGoldEmpty 2, 4: Empty Golden Treasure Chest
- UFOBlueStarCupsule 2, 4: Pull Star UFO Platform
- ValveSwitch 1, 4: Valve Switch
- WatchTowerRotateStep 1: Honeyhive -- Giant Wood Windmill
- WaterLeakPipe 1, 4: Leaking Pipe
- Ported from SMG1
- Fixed SMG1 leftover
- Custom coded object
- Uses new Effect data
- Uses new ActionSound entries
- Uses new ProductMapObjDataTable entries
New ProductMapObjDataTable Classes
(New descriptions will be added as the object database progresses.)
|AirFar100m||Decorative atmosphere that is meant to be placed around a planet or section. Unlike other Air objects, this has a far clipping range of 100 meters.||DimensionAir|
|AssemblyBlock||Remains at a resting position. Once the player gets in its range, it will move to its actual position.||AssemblyBlockPartsIceB|
|BallOpener||If the player touches this object's center while riding a Star Ball, it will pull the Star Ball towards its center and the Star Ball will be cracked open.||BallOpenerTamakoro|
|BeeJumpBall||A bouncy berry that can be bounced off with the Bee power-up. If touched by the player while they don't have the Bee power-up, it will pop and reappear after about three seconds.||BeeJumpBallB|
|ChooChooTrain||A toy train that consists of at least one segment. It moves on a set path and it randomly creates a whistling sound effect.||ChooChooTrain|
|CollapseRailMoveObj||A platform that moves on a set path and disappears after reaching the end. Once it disappears, it will reappear at the start after a few seconds.||DashYoshiTimerBridgeCometPartsA|
|InvisiblePolygonObj||A collision mesh object that lacks an actual model. Can be used to create invisible walls.||InvisibleWall10x10|
|JumpHole||If the player touches this object's center while riding a Star Ball, it will pull the Star Ball towards its center and the Star Ball will be launched along a path.||JumpHoleTamakoroA|
|ScaleMapObj||A generic object with a model and collision that flexibly changes its size over time. The scales, timers and behavior can all be configured.||LavaBallRisingPlanetLava|
New Power Star Colors
Like Neo Mario Galaxy, Project Template features custom Power Star colors that can be easily used by editing the PowerStarType field of a specific mission in a galaxy's Scenario file.
The supported types are:
|PowerStarType value||Color Frame / ID||Description|
|Normal||0||Generic Yellow Star|
|Hidden||0||Hidden Yellow Star|
|Green||2||Green Comet (unlocked after 120 Power Stars)|
|LegacyGreen||2||Green Star (like those in SMG1)|
Project Template also provides the required files and data for some specific object features.
|HoneyBee||Added back the bucket of honey that a Honey Bee can carry by setting its Obj_arg0 to 8 or 9.|
|OtaKing||Added back the files for Spicy King Kaliente who can be enabled by setting Obj_arg1 to true.|
|TwisterSan||Added the beige color file (White.brk) to the object's archive so that it can be used on the object (Obj_arg1 set to true).|
|TeresaChief||Added a proper entry to ObjNameTable so that the object can be placed in a level.|
|TrickRabbitGhost||Same as above. The object can be placed in a level now without problems.|
When the first game was being developed into Super Mario Galaxy 2, several new bugs and mistakes found its way into the final game. Project Template provides fixes for the following bugs.
- A Key Switch spawned by Teresa or KuriboChief does not crash the game anymore by ensuring it reads valid BCSV data.
- Rainbow Stars do not crash the game anymore once destroyed because a previously missing effect was added back.
- All of the Flying Star power-up sound effects are now played. This was fixed by adding static sound information.
- The sounds for Tornado Luigi are usually missing. This was fixed by adding sound data for LuigiTornado.
Cleaned up Data Files
Some data files were edited to remove unused, useless and duplicate data to save important memory space. Additionally, all the files include the proper data for the newly added objects.
The following data files have been edited: